It is no surprise that a model’s physical presentation is one of the most important factors to booking jobs and therefor succeeding in the industry. This is why you want to make sure that your image is consistent, and you are looking great on the jobs, as well as off duty.
Our skin is our largest organ, so we want to upkeep the maintenance at all time. Contrary to what majority think, models are expected to be as natural as possible with minimal to no makeup on. Usually, on editorial photo shoots, makeup artists do not use foundation, so it is crucial for a model to have perfect skin. In our Makeup Masterclass, we have put together some basic essential steps to look after your skin and how to improve its condition. So here is the summary:
Essential steps to an immaculate complexion
• Respect your body
• Always protect your skin – never go outside without SPF protection, even in winter.
• Get plenty of sleep – minimum 8 hours per night.
• Drink lots of water – minimum 1.5-2 litres a day
• No smoking or drugs, limit alcohol drinking
• Exercise regularly
• Don’t believe everything you read – be cautious and sensible about your skin. Different things work for different skin types, so be sure to get a professional opinion and advise.
• Avoid processed food
• Revitalise yourself – get clean, fresh air where possible
You can watch a video below, for further details and explanation on these points from our Makeup Masterclass trainer Bernice. This is a little snippet from our Online Model Course, available at onlinemodelcourse.com
We will be happy to answer any questions, so feel free to send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To your success,
The AAM team